sábado, 4 de julio de 2009

In my last vacation.

In my last vacation I went to San Pedro de Atacama with my sister, my boyfriend and some friends. San Pedro de Atacama is in the region II. is an incredible place, very beautiful.

I was 2 weeks in San Pedro, we stayed in a house in Quitor, this is a few kilometers near San Pedro. We went to death valley, the valley of the moon, the thermal Puritama, and most entertaining was the carnival of san pedro.

This carnival is celebrated once a year in the month of February, beginning at the home of the oldest person in the zone and continued in a caravan to the other homes of older residents. The ritual consist in that the chief of the carnival (which there are two native costume), we invite everyone to dance the "cueca carnavalera", singing and dancing around a tree. Women in this ritual can throw flour in the face of men, and men to women

At the end of the day, stayed behind all stained with flour. was very entertaining. the carnival lasted one week.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario